Untitled Ventures joins the scramble for Russian & Japanese European startups with a $118M warchest – TechCrunch
Sorry Mr. Putin, however there’s a race on for Russian and Japanese European founders. And proper now, these terrible capitalists within the corrupt West are beginning to out-gun the opposition! However significantly… solely the opposite day a $100 million fund aimed toward Russian talking entrepreneurs appeared, and others are proliferating.
Now, London-based Untitled Ventures plans to hitch their fray with a €100 million / $118M for its second fund to put money into “bold deep tech startups with japanese European founders.”
Untitled says it’s aiming at entrepreneurs who wish to relocate their enterprise or have already HQ’ed in Western Europe and the USA. That’s alongside all the opposite present Western VCs who’re – in my expertise – at all times prepared and keen to hearken to Russian and Japanese European founders, who are sometimes identified for his or her technical prowess.
Untitled goes to be aiming at B2B, AI, agritech, medtech, robotics, and knowledge administration startups with confirmed traction rising from the Baltics, CEE, and CIS, or these already established in Western Europe
LPs within the fund embrace Vladimir Vedeenev, a founding father of International Community Administration>. Untitled additionally claims to have Google, Telegram Messenger, Fb, Twitch, DigitalOcean, IP-Solely, CenturyLinks, Vodafone and TelecomItaly as companions.
Oskar Stachowiak, Untitled Ventures Managing Accomplice, stated: “With over 10 unicorns, €1Bn enterprise funding in 2020 alone, and success tales like Veeam, Semrush, and Wrike, startups rising from the fast-growing areas are your best option to concentrate on early-stage funding for us. Due to the robust STEM focus within the training system and about a million high-skilled builders, we have now an ample alternative to seek out and help the rising stars within the area.”
Konstantin Siniushin, the Untitled Ventures MP stated: “We imagine in financial effectivity and on the similar time we fulfill a social mission of bringing technological initiatives with a big scientific element from the economically unstable nations of the previous USSR, reminiscent of, to start with, Belarus, Russia and Ukraine, however not solely when it comes to bringing gross sales to the world market and never solely serving to them to HQ in Europe to allow them to get subsequent rounds of investments.”
He added: “We now have an excellent expertise accrued earlier within the first portfolio of the primary fund, not simply structuring enterprise in such European nations as, for instance, Luxembourg, Germany, Nice Britain, Portugal, Cyprus and Latvia, but in addition bodily relocating startup groups in order that they’re perceived already as totally resident in Europe and globally.”
To be honest, it’s nonetheless tougher than it must be to create giant startups from Japanese Europe, primarily as a result of there’s usually little or no native capital. Nevertheless, that’s altering, with the launch just lately of CEE funds reminiscent of Vitosha Enterprise Companions and Launchub Ventures, and the breakout hit from Romania that was UIPath.
The Untitled Ventures staff:
• Konstantin Siniushin, a serial tech entrepreneur
• Oskar Stachowiak, skilled fund supervisor
• Mary Glazkova, PR & Comms veteran
• Anton Antich, early stage investor and an ex VP of Veeam, a Swiss cloud knowledge administration firm
acquired by Perception Enterprise Companions for $5bln
• Yulia Druzhnikova, skilled in taking tech corporations worldwide
• Mark Cowley, who has labored on non-public and listed investments inside CEE/Russia for over 20 years
Untitled Ventures portfolio highlights – Fund I
• Sizolution: AI-driven dimension prediction engine, primarily based in Germany
• Pure app – spontaneous and impersonal courting app, primarily based in Portugal
• Fixar International – environment friendly drones for business use-cases, primarily based in Latvia,
• E-contenta – primarily based in Poland
• SuitApp – AI primarily based mix-and-match options for style retail, primarily based in Singapore
• Sarafan.tech, AI-driven recognition, primarily based within the USA
• Howdy, child – parental assistant, primarily based within the USA
• Voximplant – voice, video and messaging cloud communication platform, primarily based within the USA (exited)